What to Bring
To help us better serve you, please be sure to bring the following materials with you anytime you come to the hospital:
- picture identification (such as a driver's license)
- any papers given to you by your physician's office that may include doctor's orders or laboratory slips
- a list of medications that you are taking, their dosage and frequency, including prescription medications, over-the-counter medications and herbal supplements... Click here to download and print a Medication Tracking form
- a list of things you may be allergic to, such as certain drugs or food, including an accurate description of your reactionto these things
- your insurance cards, forms, and any other insurance related information
- your Advanced Directive (Health Care Proxy)... Click here to read more about Advanced Directives or download a Health Care Proxy form.
We ask that you NOT bring your own medications from home unless approved by your physician. However, be sure your nurse and physician have complete information about all the medicines you take at home.
Personal Items During your Inpatient Stay
At Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton, our goal is to make your hospitalization as comfortable as possible. Please ask your health care team any questions or concerns you may have. Basic items are provided for your hospital stay. Since you will need few personal items, we suggest you bring only a toothbrush, comb, toilet articles, shaving equipment, pajamas or gown, bathrobe and slippers. If you wear dentures, ask your nurse for a special container to store them at your bedside. To avoid accidental disposal, please do not leave your dentures wrapped in tissue or napkins on your bedside table, or your meal tray. You are encouraged to handle all your personal articles safely and securely. If you have forgotten something, many necessities are available in the hospital’s gift shop, located on the first floor.
Please be sure to label items that are essential to your comfort and functioning, such as eyeglasses or dentures, so we can help you easily locate and identify them. BID-Milton cannot be responsible for your lost dentures, eyeglasses or other personal items.
Please remember that BID-Milton is not responsible for valuable items you may have in your room and cannot reimburse you for the cost if they should be lost. To ensure the safety of your belongings, please follow these guidelines:
- Leave credit cards and large amounts of cash at home.
- Other valuables like clothing, jewelry, purses, cell phones, or any other personal items you do not need on a daily basis, should be left home or sent home with a friend or family member.
- If you are not able to send valuables home, please speak with your nurse.