Committed to Improving the Health of our Community!
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton's community benefits mission is to provide free or low-cost programs that address unmet health and wellness needs of racially, ethnically and linguistically diverse communities of Milton, Randolph, Quincy, Dorchester, Hyde Park, Braintree and Canton, in a manner shaped by community input, aligned with hospital resources, and guided by our objective to delivery high quality care with compassion, dignity and respect. This mission is achieved by identifying existing and future health needs in the community and addressing them through health initiatives, including education, prevention and screening programs.
Research was conducted by way of focus groups and individual interviews with key members of community organizations throughout the greater Milton community The findings of this important study will provide valuable direction to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and many Milton community organizations in the months ahead. Read the report on our findings here.
Our key areas of focus for the years ahead are:
- provide access to affordable health care opportunities
- offer educational programs and screenings to address chronic disease such as diabetes, heart disease and COPD
- increase awareness of substance abuse as a community health issue and develop programs and identify resources available for prevention and recovery
- enhance community knowledge of mental health resources and supports
- develop programming that addresses health education centered around obesity and nutrition
- improve access to care by promoting existing public transportation options available within the BID-Milton service area
Our dedicated physicians, staff and volunteers offer services and resources to the BID-Milton community through the use of free screenings, community events and more. We invite you to join us on our journey to continually improve the health of our community by participating in our upcoming programs.